Thursday, January 15, 2009

First week of the rest of my life!

I have been in Florida for over a week now, and I have been meaning to write, but the attraction of free entrance into the theme parks has proven to be to much. I am loving it here! The weather got down to 50 degrees today which is warm for Oregon. Since I have not written this whole time I will go through my past week and a half by day.
Tuesday the 6th- Flying
My flight took off at six in the morning so I had to be at the airport at 5:15. At 4:30 me and my mother packed up my two giant suitcases and my carry-on and left for the airport. Driving through downtown Portland for the last time in who knows how long was sad. I love the vibe that Portland has, it fits my personality well. We got to the airport a little late and met up with the girl I was flying down with. Her name is Heather and we met on Facebook through a Disney College Program group. We decided to fly down together so that we wouldn't be alone, and so we could split the cost of a hotel room. After I got my luggage checked in my mom walked me to the security gate. It was sad, but I probably would have been more emotional if it wasn't so early.
Going through security was interesting because I brought a giant gummy bear that my brother had given me for christmas in my carry-on. I guess gummy bears look suspicious so they had to check my bag. I also had my little Cami with me whiich the TSA lady thought was hannah montana. The flight was pretty normal. Heather and I colored in Disney coloring books for a while and then slept until we got to Chicago. In Chicago we had lunch and the caught another plane to Orlando. I sat next to this old couple that were so cute. They asked me all about the program and why I decided to do it. They had a niece that had done it a couple of years ago. When we got off the plane they wished me luck with my new job.
We took Disneys Magical Express to our hotel because it is free. We stayed at the All Star Music. It has giant guitars and drum set everywhere. The pool is even shaped like a piano. We stayed in the Broadway section which had a Beauty and the Beast marquee which made me very happy. We had planned to go out to dinner, but by the time we got to the hotel room we were too tired to go anywhere. We ordered pizza which was way to expensive and not very good, but it filled us up. We went to sleep around 10:30 but woke up at 11:45 when the people above us started stomping around. I didn't get very much sleep that night. I was way too excited and hadn't adjusted to the time difference.
Day 2- Check in
On Wednesday we checked out of our hotel and caught a ride to one of the aparment complexes they house all the college program(CP) kids. There was a D.J. in the parking lot by check in giving away prizes to people who got trivia questions right. I won a little back pack that has the castle on it. When we got to the front of the line they told us what we were going to be doing that day and gave us a book of information on the program. I met up with my room mate whom I had picked, and we went to get an apartment. We wanted a two bedroom in Chatham, but ended up with a three bedroom in Patterson. I am really glad we did because the apartment is really nice, and the room mates are even better!We did a background check and then moved our stuff over to Patterson.
When we got to our apartment no one was there. They all had an earlier housing meeting than us so they had left for that. We got to meet them for a little while before we had to leave for ours. When we got back that night we introduced our selves and went grocery shopping. We each filled up an entire cart full of stuff we needed.

No comments: